Simple Homemade Enema Recipes for Colon and Liver Detox
The homemade enema isn't a topic for most dinner table discussion. But it is regaining popularity, not only for symptomatic relief but also to heal incurables like cancer.
Drugs Hide, Cleansing Heals
An enema can seem a little "backward" and primitive. It is, after all, an ancient healing technique that existed long before modern hospitals and pharmaceuticals.
But when you think about it, disease is a manifestation of toxic overload and imbalance. Wouldn't it be better to remove poisons instead of prescribing more?
How an Enema Promotes Cleansing
By introducing liquid retrograde into the rectum and colon, an enema naturally stimulates the bowel to release waste. Even water alone will do this and bring relief.
But when you add therapeutic agents such as coffee or aloe vera, the enema provides rapid absorption into the blood stream for whole-body benefits and healing.
How Does an Enema Colon Cleanse Work?
Enemas may only partially remove old waste (mucoid plaque). To more quickly and predictably cleanse the entire digestive tract, consider an herbal or oxygen colon cleanse instead.
Homemade Enema Recipes
Add the therapeutic agent of your choice to 3 cups water and heat to body temperature, not too hot or cold. Follow the basic enema instructions given below.
- Coffee Enema for Liver Detox: Add 1 tablespoon coffee (see instructions).
- Alkalizing Saline: Add 1 tablespoon sea salt and 1 tablespoon sodium bicarbonate.
- Epsom Salt for Magnesium/Sulfur: Add 2 tablespoons Epsom salt.
- Aloe Vera for Healing/Inflammation: Add 5 to 6 tablespoons aloe vera juice.
- Chamomile for Sleep: Add 3 chamomile tea bags to hot water. Steep until cool.
* Evaluate any homemade enema recipe carefully before you begin. Some are strongly acidic and others just plain wrong. Your delicate microbiome will thank you!
How to Do an Enema
Choosing an Enema Kit
Buy an enema kit from a supplier you trust. Either the bucket or bag kind will work, depending on whether you want something portable or easier to clean.
Don't skimp on quality or you may get one with a foul-smelling rubber bag that leaks or wears out too quickly. I like this bag with medical-grade silicone.
What Is a Colema Board?
A colema board is a simplified way of doing a home enema that some people prefer. You can see the setup in this video.
When to Do an Enema
You can do an enema anytime you feel you need one, although coffee enemas should be done early in the day if you are sensitive to caffeine. A chamomile enema is best before sleep.
To retain the enema better, it helps to have a bowel movement first. Or do a water enema just before you do your therapeutic choice.
Basic Enema Instructions
- Cover and pad the area where you will be lying down.
- Assemble your enema kit per instructions and add the homemade enema recipe.
- Hold the enema nozzle over the sink and open the enema tap to release any air.
- Close the tap. Slide the tap to where you can easily reach it during the enema.
- Lightly lubricate the enema tip with coconut oil (or an oil of your choice).
- Lie down on your back or side. Right side is best for coffee enemas.
- Insert the tip at least 2 inches into the anus.
- Open the enema tap to allow the fluid to enter. Close to control flow if needed.
- Massage the abdomen to help the flow and relax any cramps.
- Retain the enema about 15 minutes.
- On completion, expel the enema into the toilet.
How Often Should You Do an Enema?
There are many smart people on both sides of the fence. Some recommend daily therapeutic enemas, even several times a day. Others strongly warn that such a practice can be habit forming. Please do your research carefully and seek professional advice before deciding what's best for you.
Back to Choosing the Best Colon Cleanse