Tomato Tea Cold Remedy
for Sinus Congestion and More!
When you need a natural cold remedy to ease sinus congestion or the flu, think tomato tea.
With just four ingredients, you can always be ready. It is delicious, easy to make, and fights infection.
Tomato Tea Recipe
- 2 cups tomato or vegetable juice
- 2-3 cloves garlic, crushed (more if you can)
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice (half a lemon)
- A few drops of hot sauce
Mix the ingredients and heat on the stove or in a microwave. Sip slowly for best results, allowing it to sit in the back of your throat and breathing in the aroma to penetrate sinus congestion. Keep drinking the tomato tea even after symptoms have passed to make sure the infection is completely gone.
I first learned about this immune system booster through EarthClinic.com.
Why This Cold Remedy Works
- Tomatoes are rich in antioxidants, especially lycopene and vitamin C. Antioxidants help prevent cellular damage, which in turn slows the aging process and fights disease.
- Garlic is a powerful natural antibiotic that works on a broad spectrum of bacteria. Garlic is also an antiviral and antifungal. Unlike pharmaceutical antibiotics, garlic doesn't destroy the good bacteria our bodies need.
- Lemon juice is an amazing cleansing agent, especially for the liver and kidneys. Lemon juice also dissolves mucus, and it is an immune system booster with a healthy dose of vitamin C and quercetin. The master cleanse and lemon water both rely on lemons for their healing power.
- Capsaicin is what gives chili peppers their spicy heat and is another natural antibiotic and antifungal. It is also a pain reliever that can help with a nasty sore throat or other body aches. Use any hot sauce or even ground cayenne pepper to enjoy the healing properties of capsaicin. Like lemon juice, capsaicin is especially good at dissolving mucus.
Real Healing, Not a Pharmacy "Quick Fix"
This tomato tea recipe is not an instant-relief drug that hides symptoms in a harmful way. Instead it is a nourishing remedy that works with your body to encourage faster healing.
Why a natural cold remedy is a million times better than drugs
Go Ahead... Drink Up!
You can drink as much tomato tea as you like, the more the better! Use it as an immune system booster when others around you are ill, and you may not get sick at all.
Back to Home